Transitional Kindergarten is a Building Block to Student Success
- Did you know that 1 in 4 Kindergarteners are not ready to learn?
- Did you know that 4 in 5 children who go to kindergarten when they are not ready are still not proficient in 3rd grade?
- Did you know that one of the greatest gifts you can give to your child is the gift of time?
- Time to grow in all areas of development.
What Happens in Transitional Kindergarten?
- Broaden language skills
- Improve letter recognition and writing the alphabet
- Identify alphabet sounds and strengthen phonemic knowledge
- Practice with rhyming words and blending sounds
- Practice working cooperatively in a group
- Find solutions to conflicts and see problems from another perspective
- Strengthen persistence and perseverance when faced with challenges
- To have daily experience with hands-on Math
- To recognize, celebrate, and develop their strengths and abilities